We want you to experience medical publishing at its best – and have a real impact on improving health.
Our mission statement
- To advance the practice of medicine by providing clear, understandable, relevant information both to healthcare professionals and the public.
- The reader is everything. Authors come a close second.
- To make it as effortless as possible for our readers to learn from our publications and a pleasure for our authors to work with us. To listen to our readers and authors, to encourage ideas and dialogue, and to delight them with our creativity and expertise.
- To establish a reputation for producing the highest quality content, delivering balanced practical information that will ultimately contribute to better health.
- To work with the best people. To review our work practices continually, so that we operate as efficiently as possible. To work with integrity and with respect for the individual and the environment.
Our publishing process
We invite comments and welcome dialogue on our content from hcpros, medical societies and educational institutions, pharmaceutical companies with products in the area, and patient groups who deal, day in day out, with individuals living with the condition. All feedback is sent to our authors to consider, although they are under no obligation to make changes. Above all, we ask our authors to 'think reader', so that our books provide balanced, practical and helpful information.
We also value your feedback. Please contact us at any time with your comments, suggestions and ideas.
Health Press Limited is an independent publisher based in Oxford, UK. We have been publishing Fast Facts – the ultimate medical handbook series since 1995. We also publish the Patient Pictures and Succeeding as … series, and the healthcare site embarrassingproblems.com.
Company Registration No. 3212231
Registered office: Elizabeth House, Queen Street, Abingdon, Oxford, OX14 3LN.
The Health Press team
From left to right: Sharon de Botte (Senior Editor), Geoff Covey (Senior Publications Developer), Rob Blundell (Publishing Manager), Karen Nadin (Management Accountant) and Sarah Redston (Publisher)