We want you to experience medical publishing at its best – and have a real impact on improving health.
Our mission statement
- To advance the practice of medicine by providing clear, understandable, relevant information both to healthcare professionals and the public.
- The reader is everything. Authors come a close second.
- To make it as effortless as possible for our readers to learn from our publications and a pleasure for our authors to work with us. To listen to our readers and authors, to encourage ideas and dialogue, and to delight them with our creativity and expertise.
- To establish a reputation for producing the highest quality content, delivering balanced practical information that will ultimately contribute to better health.
- To work with the best people. To review our work practices continually, so that we operate as efficiently as possible. To work with integrity and with respect for the individual and the environment.
Our publishing process
We invite comments and welcome dialogue on our content from hcpros, medical societies and educational institutions, pharmaceutical companies with products in the area, and patient groups who deal, day in day out, with individuals living with the condition. All feedback is sent to our authors to consider, although they are under no obligation to make changes. Above all, we ask our authors to 'think reader', so that our books provide balanced, practical and helpful information.
We also value your feedback. Please contact us at any time with your comments, suggestions and ideas.
Fast Facts was first published in 1995 by Health Press Limited, and the series has since grown to over 80 titles, authored by over 150 world experts. In March 2018 Health Press Limited was acquired by Karger Publishers, a globally active medical and scientific publishing company. Karger Publishers is dedicated to serving the information needs of the scientific community with publications of high-quality content, covering all fields of medical science. The publication program comprises 35 new books per year and 108 peer-reviewed journals with a growing number of open access publications.
Further information about Karger Publishers: www.karger.com
Company Registration No. 3212231
Registered office: Elizabeth House, Queen Street, Abingdon, Oxford, OX14 3LN.
The S. Karger Publishers Ltd team
Geoff Covey (General Manager/Senior Publications Developer)
Sharon de Botte (Senior Editor)
Rob Blundell (Publishing Manager)
Jonathan P. Gifford (Publications Developer)
Karen Nadin (Management Accountant)